Over the past month, I have been busy working on a new project and I would like to unveil it today. As you may know, I have worked in IT for over 25 years with the last 12 or so years being an IT Consultant. My long term goal was to eventually work as a "consultant to the consultant" helping new IT consultants start and develop their business. Well, as they say, the future is now. Recent circumstances led me to start this now. Thus, MSP Rescue was born!
What is MSP Rescue?
MSP Rescue is a service to help sole IT consultants or small managed service providers (MSP) build their businesses. This involves a few services:
- Business development coaching and consulting - I can help them learn all aspects of sales and marketing so they can learn how to attract and land ideal clients.
- System setup - I can help with setup and use of basic software systems for MSPs such as PSA (Connectwise, Autodesk) or RMM (Kaseya, N-Able, Labtech).
- Project management and staffing - I can help manage and/or execute large client projects such as office moves, cloud migrations, or AV setups.
- Temporary staffing - I can provide temporary staffing and back-fill work for staff loss or vacations.
- Remote hands staffing - For consultants not in the San Francisco Bay Area, but with clients that have some presence here, I can provide on-site remote hands work such as equipment installation, network configuration, etc.
Why I Started MSP Rescue
Throughout my career, I have always been passionate about working with small businesses and helping entrepreneurs attain success. To that end, I decided to focus on helping smaller MSPs and consulting firms (especially, one or two person operations) be successful and learn how to compete with the "big firms." I believe that by following the right steps, you can build a successful IT consulting business and I want to help you do just that.
In particular, I have learned that "selling" services, and especially IT services, is vastly different from selling products. Unfortunately, many sales books, seminars, and techniques are designed for selling products and do not translate well to selling services. I want to help IT consultants learn how to market and sell their services, so they can build successful MSP companies.
My Core Values
- Building a lasting relationship with your client is the key to long-term success.
- Trust is the most important element in the relationship. When trust is broken, the relationship is doomed.
- Integrity and honesty will set you apart from your competition.
- You have to know where you are going to get there. A failure to plan is a plan for failure.
- How you do one thing is how you do everything. You can't fake a successful mindset.
Check out my new website: www.msp-rescue.com
In addition, I also have have a new MSP Rescue blog that comes out on Fridays: msprescue.blogspot.com